GeoSciML is a data model and data transfer standard for geological data - from basic map data to complex relational geological databases.
Many thanks to the China Geological Survey for their great work.
GeoSciML - current version 4.1
Data Model Documentation
- OGC Implementation Specification Document (html)
- UML model (html)
- Enterprise Architect UML file (eap)
- UML summary wall poster (pdf)
XML schemas and encoding examples (xsd, xml)
Guides for building GeoSciML web feature services
- How To Serve a GeoSciML Web Feature Service (WFS) Using GeoServer (pdf)
- GeoSciML Encoding Cookbook for OneGeology and INSPIRE (pdf)
Change log - version 4.0 to version 4.1
- GeoSciML v4.1 differs from GeoSciML v4.0 in two respects:
- XSD schemas are now located at the OGC schema repository
- "GeoSciML-Portrayal", the package for simple WFS and WMS services, is now called "GeoSciML-Lite".
- All other aspects of the v4.1 model and schemas are the same as v4.0.
Previous versions of GeoSciML and GeoSciML-Portrayal
GeoSciML-Portrayal (this is now the GeoSciML-Lite package of GeoSciML v4)